Wednesday 23 December 2009

Cruise.co.uk xmas party.


We at Cruise.co.uk had our xmas party the weekend just gone on the Balmoral and I have to say it was a bit of an adventure for us all. Before we had any festive food and drink we had to try and get to the ship which was leaving from the Port of Dover and it ended up being a real problem.

We thought due to the weather it would take a little longer to get there than normal but I don’t think any of us expected the traffic we was stuck in and we finally found out that it was down to a strike in Calais. We managed to
get 6 miles from the port but the traffic was at a standstill and wasn't going anywhere fast so we made a group decision that we would walk the remainder of the way such was our desire to have our xmas party. The walk took us around an 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete and by the end I think we were all a little tired but I think it made the weekend in a weird way.


Once on the ship the festivities got well and truly underway and I think we all had a fantastic time, we had some really lovely food, drinks and dancing I even took part in a pub quiz which I’m afraid to say we didn't do very well and we was beaten by another cruise company whose name cannot be said due to the shame we have for losing!

 
I have never been on a Fred Olsen ship and I thought it was amazing the service, food, staff everything was just brilliant. I am now really in the xmas mood and I can’t wait for my Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and to spend time with my family.


I would like to wish everybody a merry Christmas!








No comments:

Post a Comment