Tuesday 8 December 2009

Climate change...we all need to do more!

This week is the UN conference on climate change is in Copenhagen where they are looking to discuss the change we have had in our weather and the planet getting warmer due to pollution. I think this is a big problem and could have major consequences for the world and maybe cruise lines could do more to help the environment.


The first decade of this century has been the warmest on record and the polar ice caps are melting at a rapid rate and I think that everybody needs to pitch in where they can. Travel is one of the world’s biggest polluters we have lots of planes in the sky and ships in the water and I think that the people who control these companies need to make an effort to make travel more green.

I do know some cruise companies have built solar panels on some ship which generate enough power to power the lifts and other appliances which I think that is a good start but I would like to see the cruise companies over the world come together and start looking in to green fuels and other ideas to make cruising greener because as the industry is getting bigger and the demand for ships is to rise it will mean more pollution. In the next few years we will be seeing more and more new ships which for the people that want to go cruising is amazing and I am sure they will be fantastic but I would like to see them try to help out and beat climate change.


I’m certainly not an eco warrior and I am guilty of wasting energy but the more I read and here on the news the more I know this is serious! We need to change as we only have one planet and we need to cherish it and make it a safer place for generations to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment